This project is read-only.

The remote server returned an error: 401 Unauthorized

May 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM
First of all, thank you for setting up this project and bringing the code examples for use to the developers.

I am using the Contoso.Services.SiteManager solution. I deployed the WCF service for the "smart" extension of farm solutions. I am running the windows forms client to test the WCF service and ran into the following issue:

The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication schema 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'

I have checked the IIS settings for the web application on which the service is deployed and it has windows authentication enabled. which account should I use to connect? I was using my windows account, should it have to be the service account of the IIS application pool?

I appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
Arshad.
May 7, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Hi Arshad,
this seems to be an authentication issue with your account. Code could be failing for example when it's trying to create the site collection. In this case I'd be double checking that you use account which have been given the web application manage rights or full permissions from the Central Admin. Since this capability is in the on-premises, we can't unfortunately use oAuth as such.
May 7, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Thanks for the reply Vesa.

For now, I enabled Anonymous authentication on the Web application for share point and got it to work.

Arshad.