Redirect page after creating site collection

May 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Hello,

After successfully deploying and using the Provisioning.SiteCollectionCreation solution, The 'Really working on it..." continues to spin and does not redirect to the orange themed page. However, this does redirect successfully when debugging local.

Thoughts?

BTW...Excellent solutions!
John
May 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I have resolved this by setting the httpRuntime executionTimeout attribute to 3000 in the web.config file:

<httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" executionTimeout="3000" />
Coordinator
May 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Edited May 19, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Thanks John,
that was addressed in some of the solutions, but not in this one. Thanks for sharing the workaround. That is indeed valid fix and you can also address this by increasing AsyncPostBackTimeout attribute for the ScriptManager. That should fix it as well.

Thanks also for the feedback, always appreciated.
May 19, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Edited May 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Hi there Vesaj,

I will give it a shot.....

Take care and thank you as always!
John
May 20, 2014 at 1:11 AM
i tried setting both the AsyncPostBackTimeout attribute and executiontimeout to 330 (5 minutes) and it timed out again. usually it only happens on site collections that are more involved i guess....like an enterprise wiki. Although the site collection is created successfully that 'Really Working on it just spins and spins and the labhelper does not kick off. Let me know your thoughts.

Take care,
John
May 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Bump :)
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Hi John,
Sorry for the delay on the response due the inbox explosion. I've been testing this now few times and could not repro the issue, but... that could also mean that I'm running too powerful test hardware.
Jun 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Edited Jun 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Thanks Vesaj for the reply...Did you try this when creating an enterprise wiki (ENTERWIKI#0) instead of a teamsite (STS#0) that's when I really see the issue. I think mainly due to the time it takes. I think Azure stops after 5 minutes of idle time. Also, It is not a problem when debugging. I recommend deploying it to a dev site in o365 with your web solution in azure. I think you will then be able to replicate it.
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Hi John,
thanks for the additional input. It does work indeed properly in on-prem/debug, but fails in Azure due time out. I'll do some research on this using internal channels, but it could be actually that we can't fix the time out setting in Azure web sites. In production using synchronous model for creating site collection is not actually even good idea, meaning that we should rather do async model where the request is stored from the form to a list and then we have for example a web job which is processing them one-by-one as background process, not as web site.

This is valid and pretty easily created patter with "remote timer job", which is explained in the Samples\Core.SimpleTimerJob example in Office AMS v2.0. We are looking to get real web jobs sample with the async provisioning included in the Office AMS package asap.

Not necessarily optimal situation, but at least alternative route to get forward.