This project is read-only.

Sitelogo for branding

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Hi Vesaj......

I am utilizing the site Provisioning.SiteCollectionCreation and have a simple request...I think?? :)

I just want to add some logic that allows me to simply change the sitelogo but I am not finding any real easy examples. I have looked at some of the branding apps as well as the ones in V1.0 and nothins is really straight forward. Do you have any simple examples that I can see? I have googled for hours on end trying to figure out how to change the sitelogo with a sharepoint 2013 provider hosted app, and have found nothing.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this!!
Jun 13, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Hi,
right now the site logo property is not unfortunately exposed in the online CSOM version. That property is actually exposed in the April CU version of the on-premises CSOM, but we are still waiting for the Online CSOM redistributable to be updated or the update to be released. It is already in the pipe, but I don't have exact date for the release.

If you have urgent requirement, you can actually programmatically replace the image which the theming engine is using by default. What I mean with this is that if you set new theme to the site and you take the properties from the site logo, you can see the URL from where the logo is showed. If you replace your custom site logo to this URL, you will fulfil the requirement already now.
Jun 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM
hi Vesaj,

Is that in the labhelper code i see in some of your solutions?

Thanks!
John
Jun 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Hi John,
You can find the pattern from Contoso.Provisioning.Cloud.SyncWeb.ApplicationLogic.DeployManager.SetSiteLogo(). We did not include this to the core component or generic examples, since we are waiting for the official support to arrive fast. Not the most elegant model, but does work.
Marked as answer by jhipolito on 6/13/2014 at 6:10 AM
Jun 13, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Thanks so much for your assistance. Have a great weekend!

John