This project is read-only.
1
Vote

Getting error box with "Fix It" button in PeoplePicker Control

description

Hi,
I am using AMS people picker control in my provider hosted app. When I clear cookies and history of my IE browser and access my people picker control, then I am getting an error message box with Fix It button. If I click on this "Fix It" button and reloads the page, it works.

I want to remove this error.

I think this is happening due to cross site reference to app web.
I have tried to narrow down the cause of this error:
I found that it is occurring due to call to [AppWebUrl]+"/_layouts/15/appwebproxy.aspx" by SP.ProxyWebRequestExecutorFactory().

I tried to send a POST request, but I need a way to authenticate the app web site.
 $.ajax({
                            type: "POST",
                            url: appWebUrl + "/_layouts/15/appwebproxy.aspx",
                            cache: false,
                            dataType: 'html',
                            success: function () {
                                alert("AppWebProxy is accessible")
                                isAppWebAccesible = true;
                            }
                        });
Please help me to resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance.

comments

sandipdalvi wrote Nov 7, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Hi,
yesterday we had similar issue and could not find the correct resolution, so we raise issue with Product team SPO as we have used this in SPO app. and below is resolution.
SPO team understand the issue and learnt that IE 11 has been exhibiting this behavior after a recent patch release for IE 11. Few issues with SPO recently had to be resolved with the following IE setting changes.

The current resolution/workaround for this is to do the following

Go to Internet Options in the browser >> Click on Security tab >>Go to Local Intranet and Trusted Sites  Make sure “Enable protected mode” is checked.
Note : Close the IE instance and launch a new instance  Visit the site and the issue would go away.


Before this resolution, We tested app and it working fine in Dev environment and failing in production, so we ran the Fiddler tool and figure out difference, somewhere request redirection is happening.

vesaj wrote Nov 7, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Thanks Sandipdalvi,
this is really great input and does help. Please also note that we have moved the project to GitHub and this would be excellent input for the Yammer discussions related on the Patterns & Practices Project, so that we let other people to know about the resolutions on these typical problems. I will also update the documentation for this control at the GitHub based on this valuable input.